What do I get out of it?
If you're a SaaS business, your MRR is the heartbeat of your business. Have your team always know what it is.
How does it work?
- Import the Subscriptions table in a sheet called "Stripe Subscriptions". See how to import your data in Actiondesk here.
- In the "Stripe Subscriptions" table, you have a column "Status" that will tell you if a subscription is cancelled, active, trial, etc.
- You also have the "plan amount" column that gives you the price of the subscription. Now the complexity comes from the fact that you may have yearly plans and monthly plans (maybe even weekly or daily plans). Handily, you have the "Plan interval" column which will give you this information: "year", "month", etc
- Let's add a calculated column called "monthly contribution" with the formula =IFS(#plan Interval="yearly", #plan amount/12, #plan interval="monthly", #plan amount) We assume here only have yearly and monthly plans, if you have week and / or daily, you'll have to add these to the formula.
- To calculate your MRR, you just have to use the formula =SUMIFS(#monthly contribution, #status, "active")
You could go further, and break your MRR down by geography, plan, cohort, or any other relevant dimension for your business.