What do I get out of it?
Understand if you have product/market fit.
How does it work?
- You import your survey responses from Airtable in Actiondesk.
- You create a dashboard to get your product/market fit score, week by week.
- That's it! You get your PMF. The data is always up-to-date with live data.
Detailed tutorial & 5min how-to video
First, let's get the data we'll work with in this example:
- Download this product-market fit template.
- Go to the "Survey Responses" table.
- At the right of the table, add a column. Rename the field and call it "Date".
- Click on the column header and pick "Customize field type" in the dropdown.
- Choose "Created time" as your field type.
- It will automatically fill all the rows of your new column with the time at which each survey was filled.
Now, let's calculate your product/market fit score by weekly cohort of users:
- Create an Actiondesk sheet called "Airtable PMF Survey Responses".
- Import the Airable table "Survey Responses" in Actiondesk. See how here.
- Add a calculated column to return the week of each survey response with the format "YYYY_WW". To do this, just create a column called "Survey Week" and use the formula =YEAR(#Date)&"_"&WEEKNUM(#Date)
- Create a new sheet called "PMF Score".
- In "PMF Score", in B3 to B6, write the following 4 possible responses to the question "How would you feel if you could no longer use the product?": Very disappointed ; Somewhat disappointed ; N/A - No longer use ; Not disappointed. The percentage of your users responding "Very disappointed" is your product/market fit score!
- In C2, D2 and E2, write the weeks you want to get the data for with the format "YYYY_WW": 2020_25 ; 2020_26 ; 2020_27
- In C3, write the following formula: =COUNTIFS(Airtable PMF Survey Responses!#How would you feel if you could no longer use the product?,$B3,Airtable PMF Survey Responses!#Survey Week,C$2)
- Then, copy and paste this formula to the right and down.
- Add a row in B7 called "Product/Market Fit Score".
- In C7, write the formula =C3/SUM(C4:C6)
- Then, copy and paste this formula to the right.
- You can apply the percentage format on C7, D7 and E7.
If you want to go further and look at the score only for high priority users, you'd just have to add conditions to your COUNTIFS.