Follow these simple steps to learn how to export your HubSpot contacts, deals, and email statistics.
HubSpot is a great CRM solution for collecting valuable sales and marketing data. Some sales professionals use HubSpot to aggregate data on prospects’ and customers’ contact information. Others use it to collect data on the state of their sales pipeline. Still others use it to track key email data, including emails sent, opened, replied to, and so forth. Many sales professionals use HubSpot to do all three.
Unfortunately, HubSpot falls short when it comes to facilitating the analysis of data. HubSpot’s default dashboards can get the job done in simple circumstances, but if you want to customize your reporting, you’re out of luck. That’s why many sales professionals opt to export data from HubSpot before they analyze it and use it to inform their sales and marketing efforts.
While exporting HubSpot data is second nature to some sales professionals, it remains a significant pain point for many others. If you’re wondering how to export all data from HubSpot, this article is for you. Continue reading to find out:
- How to export HubSpot contacts
- How to export HubSpot deals
- How to export HubSpot emails
- How to make exporting easier with a third-party tool
How to export HubSpot contacts
Exporting data from HubSpot requires a keen understanding of the HubSpot dashboard and a clearly defined objective. You certainly have the option to export all contacts from HubSpot, but doing so isn’t always the right move. By identifying which contacts you want to export at the outset, you can filter your data to ensure you’re exporting only the most relevant information.
To export your contacts from HubSpot, follow these steps:
- Click on the “Contacts” tab in the top left of the HubSpot dashboard
- Use the filter button to fine-tune your list — for example, you may want to distill a list of 1,000 customers into a list of 200 customers who all work in the same vertical
- Once the data has been filtered, click the “Table actions” button
- Select the file format you wish to export
- Decide whether you want to export all emails for selected contacts
- Select “Include only properties in columns” or “Include all properties” (more on this below)
- Hit “Export”
Whether you select “Include only properties in columns” or “Include all properties” depends on your objective. When you choose “Include all properties,” HubSpot exports every piece of data associated with the contacts in your HubSpot account. This can result in a spreadsheet containing hundreds of columns of data, many of which you don’t need.
To avoid this, we encourage you to select “Include only properties in columns” when exporting. This will ensure you export a targeted list of HubSpot data that you can use to bring your marketing and sales goals to life.
How to export HubSpot deals
Because deals help track revenue potential, many sales professionals like to export and analyze them on a regular basis. Fortunately, exporting HubSpot deals is very similar to exporting HubSpot contacts. To export your deals from HubSpot, follow these steps:
- Click on the “Sales” tab in the top left of the HubSpot dashboard and select “Deals” from the drop-down menu
- Click on “Board actions” on the right side of the screen and select “Export view”
- Choose the file format
- Select “Include only properties in columns” or “Include all properties”
- Hit “Export”
Once again, you’ll need to choose between “Include only properties in columns” and “Include all properties” when exporting deals. It’s generally a best practice to export only the properties contained in your HubSpot columns to avoid winding up with an unwieldy spreadsheet.
How to export HubSpot emails
Exporting emails from HubSpot is as straightforward as exporting HubSpot contacts and deals. To export emails, follow these steps:
- Click “Marketing” in the top left corner of the HubSpot dashboard then select “Email” from the menu that pops up
- Click the “Export emails” button on the right
- In the box that appears, enter the email address of the person you want to send this export to (most often, this will be you)
- Select your preferred file format
- Choose if you want to export “All emails” or “Emails sent within a custom date range”
- Select one, both, or neither advanced options
- Click “Export”
Level-up your HubSpot export efforts with Actiondesk
While HubSpot makes it easy to export much of the data you need to hit your key sales KPIs, the platform falls short in a few key areas — particularly those related to email activities.
Activities are interactions recorded on a HubSpot contact’s timeline, including calls, notes, emails, tasks, meetings, and more. Analyzing activities can provide you with meaningful insights into who your contacts are and how you should engage them moving forward. There’s just one problem: HubSpot can’t export activities.
Enter: Actiondesk. Actiondesk is a spreadsheet tool that lets you create intuitive dashboards and reports brimming with all the critical HubSpot data you need, including email activity.
Actiondesk’s one-click reports make it easy to import your data from HubSpot — including your HubSpot contacts, deals, email stats, and email activities — and set up highly customized, automated dashboards that update in real time. That means you can dive deep into your data with full confidence that it’s up to date. Plus, you’ll never have to follow any of the steps outlined above ever again!
Try Actiondesk for free today and discover how a spreadsheet solution can simplify and elevate your HubSpot exports!